Reality Checkpoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reality Checkpoint

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident Empty
PostSubject: FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident   FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 3:25 pm

on my Do2 account I entered a nonexistent email so couldn't confirm

I had to use 'Me' til I can fix it, but Im not sure I can

see if you can delete 'remove' it, but DO NOT ban it
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident   FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 3:28 pm

I had lots of trouble figuring out why I had to log in separately to be "Admin" and "Spiritrebel". and this probably part of the same general problem. I suspect we can learn how to make things work more sensibly, but it may take a lot o searching
Back to top Go down
https://realitycheckpoint.board-directory.net

PostSubject: Re: FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident   FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 3:46 pm

Admin wrote:
I had lots of trouble figuring out why I had to log in separately to be "Admin" and "Spiritrebel". and this probably part of the same general problem. I suspect we can learn how to make things work more sensibly, but it may take a lot o searching

no, you just have to go to users and groups > search user (look for Do2) click on it and change the email > rickg1724@hotmail. com

Your settings wont allow me to post links so close up the 'dot com'

btw, seems your posts have no reply button (only on top) I'll get back to that later

to change 'link' settings go to General> security
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident   FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 4:17 pm

another thing ''I'' would do is use a 'wide' skin.

each person's personal PC settings are different so this type can get quite narrow
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident   FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 4:44 pm

Guest wrote:
on my Do2 account I entered a nonexistent email so couldn't confirm

I had to use 'Me' til I can fix it, but Im not sure I can

see if you can delete 'remove' it, but DO NOT ban it

I just deleted the "me" user name without banning it, so hopefully you can now log in normally ad Do2
Back to top Go down
Spiritrebel
Admin
Spiritrebel

PostSubject: Re: FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident   FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 5:00 pm

Guest wrote:
another thing ''I'' would do is use a 'wide' skin.

each person's personal PC settings are different so this type can get quite narrow

I've got over an inch of blank space on either side of the page right now, so I guess using a wider skin is a good idea. I'm just using the default skin right now.

And BTW, I used your instructions for deleting "me" to modify this Spiritrebel user name so I'm now an Admin and hopefully can just use the one name.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident   FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 5:07 pm

Oops! I just found out that while SR is now an Admin, I still don't get the admin button at the bottom of the page, so I apparently can't perform Admin functions as SR, only as the "Admin" user nic.
Back to top Go down
Dotwo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident   FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 5:38 pm

Admin wrote:
Oops! I just found out that while SR is now an Admin, I still don't get the admin button at the bottom of the page, so I apparently can't perform Admin functions as SR, only as the "Admin" user nic.

yeah, change that.its generic to all new forums
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident   FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 5:46 pm

Dotwo wrote:
Admin wrote:

Where do I go to change it?
Back to top Go down
Dotwo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident   FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 5:50 pm

Admin wrote:
Dotwo wrote:
Admin wrote:

its profile > preferences
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident   FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 6:26 pm

Dotwo wrote:
Admin wrote:
Dotwo wrote:
Admin wrote:

its profile > preferences

When I got to profile > references for the SR name, I don't find any reference to the admin button at the bottom of the page. And I looked or this on the help forum, but couldn't find anything useful. Apparently similar things happen on many different kinds of groups, but the instructions for making the button visible vary a great deal and none of them seemed to fit this group
Back to top Go down
Dotwo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident   FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 6:39 pm

you have to log out and sign in under

username >>admin<<
pw

then go to profile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident   FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident Empty

Back to top Go down

FFS, I put in a wrong email by accident
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Reality Checkpoint :: Discussions :: General-
Jump to: